Frequently Ask Question
Where is the School located?
- This school is located in Jl. Indrakilla No. 99G, Balikpapan 76125 East Borneo, Indonesia
Does the school provide transportation for students?
- Yes. We provide transportation for all student as an option. Parents nay contact the Education Consultant office to apply for the school transportation services.
If my family does not live in Balikpapan, can I enroll my child to HBICS?
- Yes, we would happily recommend some places where they could live. For instance, a boarding house or a guest house that nearby/close to our school and other facilities to support their living.
What are the School Hours?
- It depends on the grade that the student is in. Generally, the school starts from 08.00 a.m. until 03.30 p.m. Check about School Hours here!
Can I pay in installments?
- Yes. Installments could be done at least 18 months or 6 months before new school academic year starts
What is the current schedule for the school tuition?
- Our school tuition is updated every October.
Curriculum and Learning
What is the language of instruction used in the School ?
- In Preschool, kindergarten and primary, instruction are given bilingually in Bahasa and English, while Secondary School and High School use English only.
What is the curriculum applied?
- Playgroup and Kindergarten use National Curriculum
- Primary School uses National Curriculum, Cambridge, My Pals Are Here! from Singapore.
- Secondary School uses National and Cambridge Curriculum .
- High School uses Hybrid curriculum, which is a combination between Cambridge and National Curriculum
Where can I find out more about the Cambridge / IGCSE ?
- For further information about Cambridge and IGCSE, log on to www.cie.org.uk
Which Subjects are taught in Indonesian?
- Bahasa Indonesia, PKN and religious studies classes. All other subjects are taught fully in English.
Do Students have textbooks?
- Yes! For each grade and for all core subjects (and most non-core subjects), students have textbooks as well as workbooks that’s is adopted by school.
Does the school conduct national examinations?
- Yes, Based on the national rules as stated in Permendikbud Nomor 4 Tahun 2018 about “ Penilaian Hasil Belajar Oleh Satuan Pendidikan dan Penilaian Hasil Belajar Oleh Pemerintah.”
What is the average of class’ capacity?
- In Preschool and Kindergarten, the maximum number is 15 students.
- In Primary School, the maximum number is 25 students.
- In Junior High School and Senior High School, the maximum number is 30 students .
What are the school hours like for students?
- Please check our school hours here > click me.
What is the age policy for students to be admitted in their grade’s placement?
- Playgroup A students must be at least 2 years of age by June 30th in the year of entry.
- Playgroup B students must be at least 3 years of age by June 30th in the year of entry.
- Kindergarten A students must be at least 4 years of age by June 30th in the year of entry.
- Kindergarten B students must be at least 5 years of age by June 30th in the year of entry.
- Grade 1 students must be at least 6 years of age by October 31st in the year of entry.
- Junior High School students must not be more than 15 years of age by June 30th in the year of entry.
- Senior High School students must not be more than 21 years by June 30th in the year of entry.
What are the qualifications and experience of teachers?
- Our school has the best and qualified teachers from well accredited university in Indonesia. The teachers are also trained and mentored before they started teaching professionally.
Do you have an expatriate teacher?
- Yes. We have a professional expatriate teacher.
Parent's Support Group
What is the Parents Support Group (PSG)?
- PSG is a committee of parents whose mission is to bridge the communication between the school and the parents. They organise activities that engage, inform parents on topical issues, and raise support for the school. PSG also regularly meet with the principals and board members of the school to discuss about school programs and activities, recent issues regarding students, and work together to provide the best solution for the school community.
How active is the PSG?
- PSG has monthly activity and always get involved in the school’s event.
Does the school have an excellent security system?
- Yes. Beside having 24 hour CCTV installed in every corner of our school and having an identity card for our picking up system, we also provide well-trained and qualified security team.
Telephone : +62542 8510111
Preschool & Kindergarten - Primary School (+62813 5011 4557)
Secondary School & High School (+62812 5051 5333)
GET CONNECTED WITH
Let’s relentlessly connected and get caught up each other.